Being charged with a crime can be a frightening and traumatic experience. With your freedom and reputation at stake, you need to be certain you are doing everything in your power to defend your rights. Our Fresno criminal defense lawyer has over 18 years of experience and can help you to fight these charges and take your life back. No matter how large or small the case, our passionate legal team can stand with you and protect you.
We proudly offer a number of benefits to our clients, such as:
- Over 18 years of legal experience.
- Nearly 8 years as a Fresno County prosecutor.
- Free consultations.
- Available when you need us, 24/7.
- Thousands of cases dismissed.
Contact us today if you have been arrested and need top-notch representation.
The Knowledge of a Former Prosecutor On Your Side
Choosing an attorney with experience as a Deputy District Attorney for Fresno County gives you a significant advantage. Our attorney spent nearly 8 years as a prosecutor and therefore has highly valuable insight into the thought processes of the prosecutor trying your case. This enables us to form a tailored legal strategy which is specially designed to overcome the challenges of your particular case. We know that a basic cookie cutter strategy is overwhelmingly ineffective, and it is not something that we employ.
I’m Facing Criminal Charges – What Should I Do?
Although facing charges of criminal activity can be frightening, the most important thing to do is to remain calm and collected throughout the process. If you are dealing with law enforcement, be as respectful and cooperative as possible without incriminating yourself. You have the right to speak with a lawyer and should reach out to one as soon as possible. The following suggestions are merely suggestions and do not guarantee any outcomes. Speaking with a lawyer about your specific circumstances is your best bet at a favorable result.
Things to remember:
- Don’t give the police permission to search your car, property, house, or yourself unless they have a judge-issued search warrant. Should they search anyway, do not resist the search, but communicate this circumstance to your lawyer.
- Don’t give a voluntary statement to the police. Even a statement that you consider innocent or helpful can become twisted and be used against you in your case. A lawyer can help you determine what would be most helpful to say in your given circumstances.
- Don’t resist arrest. Resisting arrest is an easy crime for the State to prove against you. Whatever the case, comply with the police officers present and get in touch with a lawyer.
- ALWAYS ask if you are under arrest. If the answer is yes, you are entitled to know why. If the answer is no, you are free to leave without talking with law enforcement.
- Don’t speak with others about your case. Even your closest friends and family may slip up or misconstrue your words or meaning if they are questioned by law enforcement. Keep things simple and don’t discuss your charges.
Why Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney in Fresno, CA?
If you have been charged with a crime in Fresno, California, it is important to hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you navigate the criminal justice system, defend your rights, and work to achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
Here are a few specific reasons why it is important to hire a criminal defense attorney in Fresno, CA:
- Knowledge of the law: A criminal defense attorney is trained in the laws and procedures related to criminal cases and will be able to provide you with advice on how to proceed.
- Experience in the local court system: An attorney who practices in Fresno will be familiar with the local court system and judges, which can be beneficial in negotiating a plea bargain or representing you in court.
- Ability to negotiate with prosecutors: An attorney can work with the prosecutor to try to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces your charges or results in a lighter sentence.
- Representation in court: If your case goes to trial, a criminal defense attorney will represent you in court and advocate on your behalf.
Overall, a criminal defense attorney can provide you with the legal representation and support you need to defend yourself against criminal charges.