Fresno Burglary Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Burglary Charges in California
Facing burglary charges can be a daunting experience, and at The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch, we comprehend the complexities and uncertainties accompanying such legal challenges. Our seasoned legal team, led by Brian C. Andritch, is dedicated to providing steadfast advocacy and strategic defense to individuals in Fresno grappling with burglary accusations. If you find yourself entangled in a burglary case, having a proficient Fresno burglary lawyer by your side is crucial to safeguard your rights.
Call The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch today at (559) 484-2112 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our burglary attorney in Fresno!
What is Burglary?
The act of burglary constitutes a grave criminal offense involving unauthorized entry into a structure intending to commit a felony or theft within. In the state of California, burglary is classified into two distinct degrees:
- First-Degree Burglary: This classification applies to burglaries in inhabited dwellings, including homes and residences.
- Second-Degree Burglary: This category encompasses burglaries committed in structures other than inhabited dwellings, such as commercial buildings.
A pivotal element in any burglary case is the presence of intent to commit a felony or theft upon entering the structure. This intent is the distinguishing factor that sets burglary apart from other offenses involving unlawful entry.
What are the Penalties for Burglary in California?
The penalties for a burglary conviction in California can be severe and vary based on factors such as the degree of burglary, any prior criminal record, and the case's specific circumstances. For those facing burglary charges in Fresno, understanding the potential penalties is crucial:
- Classified as a felony offense.
- Penalties may include imprisonment for two, four, or six years.
- A conviction can result in a strike under California's Three Strikes Law.
- Also considered a felony offense.
- Penalties may include imprisonment for sixteen months, two, or three years.
It is imperative to note that burglary convictions can impact one's life, affecting employment opportunities, housing options, and personal relationships. Seeking the guidance of an experienced Fresno burglary lawyer is essential to mounting a solid defense and mitigating potential consequences.
Defenses Against Burglary Charges
Crafting a robust defense strategy is essential when facing burglary charges. The skilled legal team at The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch employs various defenses, including:
- Lack of Intent: Demonstrating that there was no intent to commit a felony or theft at the time of entry can be a compelling defense strategy.
- Mistaken Identity: Establishing that the prosecution has misidentified the defendant as the perpetrator is a viable defense tactic.
- Consent: Providing evidence that the alleged entry was consensual and authorized can challenge the prosecution's case.
- Insufficient Evidence: Challenging the prosecution's evidence and casting doubt on the sufficiency of proof can be instrumental in securing a favorable outcome.
- Unlawful Search and Seizure: Asserting that law enforcement violated constitutional rights during the investigation, such as an illegal search and seizure, can lead to the suppression of crucial evidence.
Navigating the complexities of a burglary case demands a legal team with experience and a meticulous approach. The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch has a proven track record of successfully defending clients against burglary charges in Fresno.
Contact Our Fresno Burglary Attorney Today
In the realm of burglary charges, securing adept legal representation is paramount. The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch stands ready to advocate for individuals facing these charges in Fresno, providing a formidable defense to secure the best possible outcome. With a commitment to justice and an unwavering dedication to our clients, our legal team is poised to navigate the legal complexities surrounding burglary accusations. If you need a Fresno burglary lawyer, contact The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch for a comprehensive and strategic defense tailored to your unique circumstances.
Contact The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch today to schedule a meeting with our burglary lawyer in Fresno!
"He really eased my mind while going through the process."Former Client
"Brian helped me get it dismissed due to no probable cause."Former Client
"He was very informative and helpful."Former Client
"Kept me from having to spend any jail time."Former Client
"He has proved to be trustworthy and caring which I find rare in a lawyer."Former Client
Free Consultation to Get Your Defense Started
Thousands of Cases Dismissed
Available to Help You 24/7
Experience as a Former Prosecutor