Penalties for DUI Charges
Call a Fresno DUI Attorney with 15+ Years of Experience
When you have been arrested for any type of DUI offense, it is important that you act quickly to retain representation. The potential penalties DUI convictions can carry are heavy and often lasting, from time in jail to the loss of your driving privileges. Our Fresno DUI defense attorney and legal team at The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch are known for both our dedication and skill in the area of DUI cases. Led by a former prosecutor, we can handle a wide range of cases.
Our firm offers the representation of all types of DUI cases, including:
- DUI with injury
- Fatal DUI accident
- Felony DUI
- Multiple DUI arrests
- Vehicular manslaughter
Working side by side with a Fresno DUI defense attorney is the best chance you have to avoid the penalties of a DUI conviction. Call us now at (559) 484-2112 to make an appointment for a free consultation.
What Penalties Could I Face for a Conviction?
The exact penalties you face for a DUI offense depend on the nature of the alleged crime. If it is your first offense, the consequences you could be dealt are likely to be much less severe than a subsequent offense. When special circumstances are involved, such as injury or death, you could face a number of additional charges.
The penalties for DUI may include the following:
- First-time offense: Misdemeanor first-time offenses can be penalized with up to $1,800 in fines, 48 hours of jail time, required classes, license suspension of up to 6 months, and 3-5 years of probation.
- Second offense: Second offenses are also misdemeanors and the penalties can increase to up to 96 hours of jail time and 2 years of license suspension.
- Subsequent offense: Third offense DUI are misdemeanor crimes, but can lead to an increased consequence of 3 years of license suspension and 120 days in jail. Fourth and subsequent offenses can be charged as a felony.
- DUI with injury: Depending on the severity of the offense, this crime can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony. Felonies carry two to four years in prison, with up to three to six additional years of the victim was severely injured.
- Vehicular manslaughter: As a felony offense, this crime carries up to 10 years in prison.
Contact an Experienced Fresno DUI Attorney for a Free Consultation!
Whatever your charges may be, take action to avoid the penalties that could potentially affect your life and your future. With the experienced team at The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch by your side, you can craft a strong defense that is informed by the insight of a former prosecutor. We work towards the best possible outcome on your behalf and keep you up to date throughout every step of case proceedings.
Contact us today to learn more!