Fresno Expungement Lawyer
Sealing Criminal Records Throughout Fresno County
Being convicted of a crime has long-reaching consequences, even well beyond the fines and probation which can accompany a conviction. Even if you are now a law-abiding citizen, a past indiscretion can have an extraordinary impact on future employment, housing, and financial opportunities. This is why it is so important to find out if you can have your record expunged. Our Fresno criminal defense lawyer has the knowledge and experience to help you move forward.
Additionally, someone with a felony on their record may attempt to reduce their charge to a misdemeanor. Successfully reducing a felony to a misdemeanor can restore certain rights lost following a felony conviction, such as owning a firearm, participating in elections, serving on a jury, and more.
Attorney Andritch has more than 18 years of legal experience and is committed to helping each of his clients fight for the best possible outcome for their case. Our firm will listen to your story and craft a case customized to fit your circumstances.
Call The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch today at (559) 484-2112 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our expungement attorney in Fresno!
What are The Benefits of an Expungement?
Here are some benefits of obtaining an expungement:
- Employment Opportunities: Having a criminal record can limit your job opportunities. Expungement removes this barrier and allows you to apply for jobs without the stigma of a criminal record.
- Housing: Many landlords conduct background checks before renting to a tenant. An expungement can help you secure housing and eliminate the risk of discrimination based on your criminal record.
- Education: An expungement can also help you access educational opportunities. Many schools and universities require background checks, and an expungement can eliminate any barriers to your academic pursuits.
- Voting: A criminal record can prevent you from voting in some states. An expungement can restore your right to vote and participate in civic activities.
- Peace of Mind: Perhaps the most significant benefit of an expungement is the peace of mind it can provide. An expungement can help you move forward from past mistakes and start anew.
Am I Eligible for Expungement in California?
Those with misdemeanor offenses are free to apply for an expungement of their record, and those with a felony charge may do so if probation is granted.
You are eligible to apply for an expungement of your criminal record in California if you were convicted of a misdemeanor or felony offense and meet the following two requirements:
- You have completed probation.
- You are not currently charged with a criminal offense, on probation for a criminal offense, or serving time for a criminal offense.
- Paid any fines associated with your conviction.
Completing your probation means you finished all the terms of your probation (fines, programs, community service, etc.), attended all the required court appearances, and have not committed any new crimes while on probation.
Before the court can grant you an expungement, your case will be analyzed to determine if you are, in fact, eligible for this type of relief. You must also file the appropriate paperwork within the proper timeframes and attend the expungement hearing, which an attorney can help you with.
Who Is Not Eligible for Expungement in California?
Not everyone is eligible for expungement. You are not eligible if you were convicted of a crime and were sent to state prison. Beyond that, certain offenses cannot be expunged, such as sodomy with a child, lewd acts with a child, oral copulation with a child, and intercourse with a child younger than sixteen.
Contact Our Fresno Expungement Attorney Today
At The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch, we understand how difficult it can be to lead a normal life with a criminal record looming over you. Our Fresno criminal defense attorney works tirelessly to help you get your record sealed so that you can continue living a full, productive life. Our attorney has experience as a former prosecutor and knows how to defend your rights best.
Contact The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch today to schedule a FREE consultation with our expungement lawyer in Fresno!
"Was also careful to give me a straightforward account of what to expect during and after my case."Former Client
"He was very informative and helpful."Former Client
"I cannot explain much but if you are in need of help Brian is the person to go to."Former Client
"He really eased my mind while going through the process."Former Client
"He has proved to be trustworthy and caring which I find rare in a lawyer."Former Client
Free Consultation to Get Your Defense Started
Thousands of Cases Dismissed
Available to Help You 24/7
Experience as a Former Prosecutor