Fresno Robbery Lawyer
Experienced Defense Against Robbery Charges in Fresno County
If you or a loved one is facing robbery charges in Fresno, California, The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch is here to provide effective and aggressive representation. We understand the seriousness of robbery charges and their impact on your life, which is why we are dedicated to protecting your rights and ensuring a fair legal process.
What is Robbery?
Robbery is considered a serious criminal offense that involves the use of force, intimidation, or fear to unlawfully take someone else's property. It is distinct from theft or burglary, as it requires force or fear. Force can include physical violence or the threat of violence, while fear involves inducing a sense of imminent harm or danger in the victim.
What are the Penalties for Robbery in California?
The penalties for robbery in California are severe and may differ depending on the circumstances of the crime and the defendant's criminal history. Robbery is classified as a felony, and potential consequences may include:
- Imprisonment: A conviction for robbery can lead to substantial prison time. The length of the prison sentence will depend on factors such as the use of a weapon, injury to the victim, or prior criminal record.
- Strike Offense: Robbery is considered a "strike" offense under California's Three Strikes Law. This means that if you are convicted of robbery, it will count as a strike on your criminal record. Accumulating multiple strikes can result in enhanced penalties and longer sentences for future offenses.
- Fines: The court may impose fines in addition to imprisonment. These fines can be substantial and add to the financial burden of a conviction.
- Restitution: If the victim suffered financial losses as a result of the robbery, the court may order the defendant to pay restitution to compensate for those losses.
- Criminal Record: A robbery conviction can have a lasting impact on your criminal record, making it difficult to find employment, housing, or educational opportunities in the future.
Defenses Against Robbery Charges
Our skilled Fresno robbery lawyers are well-versed in developing effective defense strategies tailored to the specific circumstances of your case. Some common defenses against robbery charges include:
- Lack of Intent: Robbery requires the intent to commit theft using force or fear. If it can be proven that you did not have the necessary intent, it could lead to a reduction or dismissal of charges.
- False Accusations: In some cases, it is possible to be falsely accused of robbery due to mistaken identity or ulterior motives. We work diligently to uncover evidence that supports your innocence.
- Coerced Confessions: If law enforcement obtained a confession through coercion, duress, or without properly informing you of your rights, we can challenge the admissibility of that evidence.
- Self-Defense: If you used force in response to a perceived threat, we could argue that you acted in self-defense to protect yourself or others.
- Lack of Force or Fear: If the prosecution cannot prove that force or fear was present during the alleged robbery, we can cast doubt on the essential elements of the crime.
Contact Our Robbery Attorney in Fresno Today
The consequences of a robbery conviction are life-altering, but with the right defense strategy, you can confidently navigate the legal system. We strive to provide each client with personalized attention and aggressive representation. Don't face robbery charges alone. Your future is our priority, and we are here to guide you every step of the way.
Contact The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch today to get in touch with our Fresno robbery lawyer.
"Brian helped me get it dismissed due to no probable cause."Former Client
"An honest and hardworking lawyer who has training and years of experience working with DUI's in the County of Fresno."Former Client
"He has proved to be trustworthy and caring which I find rare in a lawyer."Former Client
"This guy goes above and beyond for his clients."Former Client
"Was also careful to give me a straightforward account of what to expect during and after my case."Former Client
Free Consultation to Get Your Defense Started
Thousands of Cases Dismissed
Available to Help You 24/7
Experience as a Former Prosecutor