DUI With Injury Lawyer
Serving the Fresno Area. Call (559) 484-2112 Today
If you cause an injury to someone while driving drunk, you can be subjected to harsher punishments than a typical DUI. Driving with a BAC of 0.08% or greater, and causing injury to others, is known as a “DUI with injury.” When you are charged for a DUI with injury, the prosecutor does not have to prove that you were driving under the influence. Instead, the prosecutor only has to prove that you had a BAC of 0.08% or higher and caused an injury.
Possible Penalties for DUI With Injury
Penalties vary depending on the circumstances of your case and your criminal record. First time DUI with injury charges are subject to the following:
- Fines: Ranging from $390 to $5,000
- Court-Ordered Alcohol Program: Ranging from 3, 9, 18, & 30 months
- Jail Time: Ranging from 5 days to 1 year
- Informal Probation: Between 3 to 5 years
- Suspension of Driver’s License: From 1 to 3 years
- Restitution to Accident Victim
A third conviction is considered a felony DUI with injury and is subject to the following:
- Fines: Ranging from $1,015 to $5,000
- Court-Ordered DUI School: Mandatory for 18 to 30 months
- Jail Time: Ranging from 2 to 4 years in state prison
- 1 Strike on Driving Record: If any victim suffered significant bodily injury
- Additional Sentencing: If any victim suffered significant bodily injury
- Revocation of Driver’s License: For 5 years
- Habitual Traffic Offender Status: For 3 years
Speak with Our DUI Attorney Today
If you have been charged for a DUI with injury, you should immediately seek legal guidance. Our attorney, Brian C. Andritch, has a proven track-record when it comes to these types of cases. As a former prosecutor, he is more than aware of the legal complexities surrounding your case. With 18 + years of experience, we know how the system works and we are ready to aggressively defend your rights.
Call (559) 484-2112, or contact our Fresno DUI with injury lawyertoday to get started on your free case consultation.