A driver’s license is a symbol of freedom—to go where you want, when you want, and to take charge of things that need to get done. It is also a huge responsibility, where dangerous mistakes have high stakes. Although mistakes are expected with new drivers, there are some that can cost you your license, or can result in accidents that harm or kill others. If you are pulled over and are charged with a traffic violation, or you have been involved in a traffic accident, you need to speak with our Fresno traffic attorney at The Law Office of Brian C. Andritch. We can work to make sure that your rights are not violated and to get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
5 Common Traffic Violations
When you get pulled over for a traffic stop, you may not even know what you did wrong, but not knowing is no excuse, and you can still be cited if you have broken a law. Learning about local traffic laws, areas where speed limits change, or where there are schools, can help you be a safe driver and keep from getting tickets. We understand that paying attention on the road is something that is overwhelming at first, but it will get easier with time, and checking your surroundings, speed, and watching other drivers will become second nature.
Watch out for these 5 common traffic violations:
- Distracted driving: Texting, talking on the phone, using snapchat, and checking other smart phone apps make it very easy to be distracted while driving. Unfortunately, distracted driving is not only illegal, it is also very dangerous. If you want to get to your destination safely, put your phone in a purse, backpack, or backseat so you are not tempted to answer it or look at it while on the road.
- Speeding: Whether you are in a school zone, transitioning from freeway to city street, or are driving through construction zones, there are often circumstances where speed limits change. You may also be learning about how quickly or slowly your car responds when you hit the brakes. Your safest bet is to abide by posted speed limits and give yourself ample room to slow down as you come to a stop.
- Tailgating: Driving too close can cause serious damage if you are in an accident. This may be the result of distraction, speeding up to a slower car, or being in a rush. Avoid tailgating so that you can safely maneuver if there is a sudden stop and to minimize chances of angering a potentially dangerous driver.
- Reckless driving: If you just got your first car, and you want to see the power under the hood, you may be driving recklessly. As much as it seems fun to show off what your vehicle can do, reckless driving is a serious offense and can result in serious accidents.
- DUI: Drinking and driving is not only illegal, but it can also have deadly results. If you have a drink, or use a substance, call for a ride or stay where you are. There is no excuse for driving under the influence, even if you think you can drive. Remember, if you are underage, there is zero tolerance for alcohol in your system, so a simple traffic violation can turn into a serious offense if alcohol is in your system.
Request a Free Consultation: (559) 484-2112
When you are facing a traffic violation and are concerned about your license, you need the legal counsel and representation of an experienced Fresno traffic lawyer. Attorney Brian Andritch will work tirelessly to protect your rights and driving privileges and can review your case to see if the violations can be reduced. Don’t risk suspension or loss of your license, let out team handle your traffic case. We will fight for you.
Contact our team at (559) 484-2112.